Bert Van den Berg’s Academic positions
- 2013-Present Professor in Membrane Protein Structural Biology, Structural Biology Laboratory, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Newcastle University, UK.
- 2009-2012 Associate Professor, Program in Molecualr Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA (tenure awarded in 2012).
- 2004-2009 Assistant Professor, Program in Molecualr Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA.
Bert Van den Berg’s Research positions
- 2000-2004 Postdoctoral research follow, Cell Biology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
- 1998-1999 Postdoctoral research fellow, Inorganic Chemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
- 1997 Postdoctoral research fellow, Physichal Chemistry, University of Granada, Granada, Spain.
- 1995-1996 Postdoctoral research fellow, Inorganic Chemistry, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
Bert Van den Berg’s Awards
- 2019 Wellcome Trust Investigator Award
- 2013 Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Award.
- 2005 Elected a PEW scholar in the Biomedical Sciences.
Bert Van den Berg’s Grants
- 214222/Z/18/Z; Understanding small molecule uptake by the Bacteroidetes, Wellcome Trust Investigator Award (2019-2024; PI).
- BB/R004366/1; Structural basis for maintenance of outer membrane lipid asymmetry, BBSRC (2018-2021; PI).
- Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) Translocation: Molecular basis of the bacterial cell wall permeability (part of the EU program New Drugs for Bad Drugs) (2013-2017; consortium partner).
- NIH 1R01GM104495-01 Understanding hydrocarbon uptake as the first step in bidegradation (2013-2016; PI).
- PEW Research Fellow Award (2006-2010).
- NIH 1R01GM085785-01A1 Structural and biochemical characterisation of the OprD membrane protein family (2008-2012; PI).
- NIH 1R01GM074824 Hydrophobics transport across the outer membrane (2005-2010; PI).