- 2012 – Present Lecturer in Macromolecular Crystallography, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Newcastle University, UK.
- 2011 -2012 Research Associate, Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Department of Life Sciences, Imperial College London, UK.
- 2008 – 2011 Research Associate, Division of Molecular Biosciences, Department of Life Sciences, Imperial College London, UK.
- 2005 – 2008 Research Associate, School of Crystallography, Birkbeck College/University College, London, UK.
- 2000 – 2001 Research Assistant, Molecular Structure Unit, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Porto, Portugal
- 2001 – 2005 PhD in Structural Biology, Henry Wellcome Trust Building for Human Genetics, Open University and University of Oxford. “Structural Studies of RNA-dependent RNA polymerases” Supervisors: Dr Jon Grimes and Prof Dave I Stuart.
- 1993 -1999 BSc in Biochemistry, Science Faculty & Institute of Biomedical Sciences “Abel Salazar”, University of Porto, Portugal. Undergraduate 15 months Research Project on “Structure determination of transthyretin variants”.
Conferences (as contributor)
- 4th International Clostridium difficile Symposium, Bled, Slovenia; 20-22 September 2012 (poster).
- 19th CCP4 Northern Protein Structure Workshop, Carlisle, UK; 5-7 September 2012 (oral).
- Diamond Users Meeting, Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK; 7-8 September 2011 (poster).
- British Society of Medical Mycology Conference, Glasgow, UK; 17 – 19 April 2011 (oral).
- 25th European Crystallography Meeting, Istanbul, Turkey; 16 – 21 August 2009 (oral).
- British Crystallography Association Young Crystallographers Meeting, Manchester, 5 April 2004 (oral).
- British Crystallography Association Meeting, Manchester, 6 – 8 April 2004 (poster).
- Human Frontier Science Project Meetings, Frigiliana, Malaga, Spain, 20 – 22 March 2004 and Helsinki, Finland, 5 – 7 February 2003(oral).
Conferences and Meetings attended
- 2010 to 2013 CCP4 Study Weekend, UK, January.
- 2010 CCP4 Study Weekend, University of Nottingham, UK, January 2010.
- 2009 CCPN Meeting, Lake District, UK, August 2009.
- 2008 CCP4 Study Weekend, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK, January 2008.
- 2002 to 2005 CCP4 Study Weekends, UK, January 2005.
Grants and Awards
- NanoLAB Sandpit (pilot project), January – March 2013
- Wellcome Trust Value In People Award, March -June 2011.
- PhD Fellowship (part of Human Frontier Science Program Research Grant), Oct 01 -Oct 2005.
- Introduction to Scientific Research Fellowship (Bolsa de Iniciação à Investigação Científica), Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology, Jan 2000 – Oct 2011.